You cannot mark this journey’s beginning or its end. Everything that I have done, seen and felt up to this point in my life will have an affect on the teacher I become.
**This video is in the process of being updated. Check back for an updated version.
[This video features FRESH FEELING by THE EELS. FRESH FEELING – THE EELS is copyrighted by it’s rightful owner, I do not claim copyright for these lyrics.]
Me in a nutshell:
- I graduated in June 2012 from the University of Regina with a combined degree: a BEd in Early Elementary Education and a BA in English.
- Currently I am teaching Grade 4 in Saskatoon, SK.
- I have a very strong connection with my family. We all bring our own quirks to the table, we accept each other and we play off of each others’ strengths. My family supports me while also challenging me to think in new ways. I am, very recently, a proud aunt to my niece!
- I am a very passionate person. I am passionate about Early Childhood Education. I love working with children and learning from them. I love children’s literature and exploring new ways to share stories. My philosophies are inspired by a belief in emergent curriculum and adapting for all learning styles (keeping in mind the various “intelligences“). I have an interest in learning more about self-regulation and the restitution model.
- I have a love for dance. My main extra-curricular activity growing up was competitive dance (jazz, ballet, hip-hop) and although I have not pursued a professional career in dance, I have found ways to include it in my life as an adult. I have tried ballroom dance classes, and now I am utilizing my talents in dance as a ZUMBA instructor.
- I have an interest in exploring the world to develop an understanding of the similarities and differences in culture and in education across the globe. I have participated as a volunteer teacher in Mandeville, Jamaica for Projects Abroad. And I have spent some time in Germany and Denmark.
- I am exploring and learning about what it means to be technologically literate in the 21st century so that I can help my students to also become technologically literate. I have discovered that twitter is an incredible networking tool for educators and I plan to utilize it for this purpose.
- I am enthusiastic. I am creative. I am a people person : )